The National ResoLectric has gone through a few changes in its 19 years of production. The current model uses an audiophile-quality Highlander preamp to mix both the magnetic and piezoelectric pickups. A Jason Lollar P-90 pickup sits in the neck position, and a Highlander piezo transducer is fitted under the saddle. The output of each pickup is controlled by independent volume knobs, with a master volume knob to control the instruments overall output level. A 3-way toggle switch selects which pickups are active. The solid mahogany body is capped with a figured maple top bound in ivoroid. The figured maple neck clears 14 frets to the body, highlighted with a diamond inlaid, rosewood fretboard.
The Lollar P90 in the neck has a fat, singing lead voice that is perfectly suited for slide players looking for the ultimate in classic Electric blues tones. The Piezo sounds like an acoustic national, only perfectly amplified. You have a myriad of tones at your fingertips, which makes it easy to switch between a preset rhythm and lead sounds. I do believe I'll dust my broom!
- Top: Figured Maple
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Figured Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Markers: Mother of Pearl
- Nut Material: Bone
- Tuners: Kluson Closed Gear
- Headstock Overlay: Pearloid
- Bridge Type: Maple Biscuit
- Pickups: Jason Lollar P90 in Neck position, Highlander Piezo Transducer in Bridge Position
- 2 (two) Individual Pickup Volume Knobs with One (1) Master Volume Mix control
- Electronics: Highlander Audiophile Quality Pre-amp
- Upper Bout Width: 9 1/2"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/4"
- Overall Length: 39"
- Nut Width: 1.73"
- Scale Length: 25 21/32"
- Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz
This instrument has been spoken for. Please call 866-265-5993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a similar instrument.