Turn your home-made salad into a 5 star gourmet dish, easy...
- 2 cups sour cream(not the light kind - Daisy is recommended)
- 1/2 cup mayonaise(better with homemade mayo)
- 1/4 cup of half and half(can substitute whipping cream)
- 1 garlic clove crushed to paste(use large knife and crush on cutting board with some salt - will eventually turn to paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Natures Seasons seasoning salt(has no MSG and is the "secret ingredient"
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried(fresh is better!)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese(have extra to garnish salad or dressing in bowl)
Mix all ingredients except the blue cheese in a bowl with a whisk to blend. Add Blue Cheese and refrigerate over night. Check consistency before use - it tends to thicken up and more Half & Half is needed. Now wasn't that easy? This can be used thick as a dip for veggies or thinned out as a salad dressing.No tags for this post.