Portland based jazz guitarist Eric Skye was named by 20th Century Guitar Magazine as "one of the best rising stars of the American acoustic jazz scene." This hardworking instrumentalist has gained a loyal following both as a dramatic and expressive live performer and an in-demand acoustic guitar instructor both in Oregon and in the online music community. He has been featured in magazines such as Acoustic Guitar, Guitar Player, Jazziz and Jazz Improv, and his music can be heard on NPR. To match his distinct personality and playing style, Eric and Richard collectively dreamed up a gorgeous Cocobolo OO with an Adirondack top, unique 24.9 inch scale length for ease of playability, slightly deeper body for added bass and volume, hot hide glue with Adirondack Spruce, scalloped bracing and a distinctive herringbone purfling and ivoroid rosette. This instrument is designed for the excruciatingly accurate and sophisticated techniques of the most demanding jazz fingerstylist.
Artisan is proud to have the first production Eric Skye Signature 00 model, due in January. This guitar is built with Cocobolo back and sides with an Adirondack Spruce top and is incredibly responsive across the spectrum.
- Slotted Peghead
- Adirondack Top, Cocobolo Back & Sides, Cocobolo Headstock
- Overlay, No Headstock Logo (SCGC Logo At 14th Fret), Short Scale 24.9",
- Zipper Back Stripe, Grained Ivoroid Bound Body - Fretboard - Headstock, Nut
- Width 1-13/16" + 2-1/4" Saddle Spacing Pyramid Bridge, Custom Deep Body
- Option, Sound Hole Diameter 3-3/4", Herringbone Top Purfling with I/B/I Purfle on
- Body / Neck / Peghead, Tortoise Pickguard, Adirondack Top Bracing with Hide
- Glue Construction, Nitrocellulose Satin Neck Finish, Body Finish High Gloss
- Nitrocellulose, Waverly Open Gear Tuners with Grained Ivoroid Buttons, Ebony
- Fingerboard with No Inlays (Side dots only, extra marker at the 19th fret), Action
- 3/32" to 2/32" Bass to Treble
- Standard: Santa Cruz Ameritage Case
View Eric Skye playing his new guitar!