Madagascar Rosewood is known for being the most similar tonewood to the Brazilian species. Offering many of the same sonic characteristics, Madagascar is also becoming difficult to harvest and export. Madagascar has much of the same rich overtone range as Brazilian, as well as a slightly "reverby" quality... and with examples such as the set used on this Dana Bourgeois Signature 00, it is hard to imagine a more beautiful back and sides on any guitar.
The Bourgeois DB Signature 00 appointments, combined with a rich sunburst finish, is an especially elegant combination reflecting the masterful craftsmanship of Dana Bourgeois. A new rosette and herringbone purfling was designed for the DB Signature models to compliment Dana's earlier design of the DB backstrip. The binding is finely flamed Curly Koa, and accents this sunburst better than we could have ever imagined.
Regarding the tone, Dana has chosen the wood specifically for the way it sounds, rather than it's appearance, although they usually look amazing, regardless. The Adirondack and Madagascar on this DB Signature models is some of the best sounding examples of each species... especially after Dana's tuning and bracing techniques. It's hard to imagine a nicer sound coming out of a 00... the guitar sounds much larger than it's small size and is smooth and balanced. An instant shop favorite!
Browse our fine selection of Bourgeois Guitars.
Learn more about the history of Bourgeois Guitars Bourgeois Guitars.
- Model: DB Signature 00
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back: Madagascar Rosewood
- Rosette: Signature Wood
- Body Binding: Figured Koa
- Purfling: DB Signature Herringbone
- Backstrip: Multi-Color Herringbone
- Headstock: Square Head with Diamond
- Headstock Overlay: Ziricote
- Headstock Inlay: Bourgeois
- Fretboard: Ebony 14 Fret Short Scale
- Fretboard Inlay: Short Pattern Ivory Squares and Diamonds
- Fretboard Binding: Black
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Bridge: Ebony
- Tuners: Waverly Gold with Snakewood Buttons
- Butt Wedge and Heel Cap: Madagascar Rosewood
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 23/32"
- Scale: 25"