Maton EBG808 Cutaway Guitar Michael Fix Signature Model
Michael and Maton have designed a guitar to complement his playing style. The combination of a “AAA” Sitka Spruce soundboard, Ebony fingerboard, Ebony bridge and solid Queensland Maple back, sides and neck produces a tone that is rich, full, well balanced and with the glassy highs essential to the Maton EBG and Michael’s tone.
Originally used as a Mahogany "substitute", Queensland Maple has become the backbone of the Maton sound. It is used in nearly every Maton either as a neck, back and sides, or internal component.
A rainforest hardwood from Northern Queensland, this timber is light, strong, and visually striking. Queensland Maple is extremely well balanced with an even response across all frequencies. If you are looking for the secret to Maton's great tone, this is a good place to start.
The AP5 Pro Pickup System includes a separate microphone and piezo pickup, both of which can be blended via their individual controls. The system is designed to capture the true sound of the instrument utilizing the adjustable cardioid mic, which is mounted directly to the pre-amp, and the unique piezo system to permit easy final tweaking of microphone position to suit the individual artist's style.
- Top Wood: "AAA" Select" Grade Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid Queensland Maple
- Scale: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1 47/64"
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Wood: Select Queensland Maple
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony
- Headstock Shape: Blackwood veneer keyhole headstock
- Headstock Overlay: Blackwood
- Headstock Inlay: Maton Logo
- Tuners: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Inlays: MOP snowflake inlays
- Rosette: Herringbone soundhole rosette
- Purfling: B/W/W/B/W
- Body Binding: Five-ply inner binding Blackwood outer binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise shell
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Bridge Pins: Ivoroid w/ Black Dot
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Pickup(s): AP5-Pro
- Case: Maton Hardshell Case
- Serial: 23308