Collings Guitars City Limits Jazz - 14418
Collings Guitars City Limits Jazz
Built in Limited numbers for the jazz aficionados, the Collings Guitars City Limits Jazz is one of the rarest guitars that Collings Builds. The hand carved spruce top over Honduran mahogany creates a warm & inviting transfer of tone to the single Lollar Johnny Smith neck humbucker. This thinline jazz box might just be the smoothest jazz instrument you'll ever play!
The Collings Guitars City Limits Jazz is a complete wonder of an instrument. Not only is the CL Jazz incredibly resonate acoustically, the Lollar Johnny Smith pickup provides clear note definition with the fullness of a humbucker. When it comes to playability there are not many guitars(if any) that play smoother than this jazzy star! Other features include: a Tobacco Sunburst Finish & Parallelogram Inlays.
- Construction: Fully hollow parallel braced, thin line
- Body: Honduran mahogany
- Top: Solid spruce
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Peghead Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Bridge: Adjustable ebony
- Tailpiece: Ebony
Fingerboard: Ebony w/ MOP Parallelograms
- Soundhole: S-holes (bound)
- Pickups: Single Lollar Johnny Smith (neck)
- Pots/Caps: Thumbwheel 500K pots/.047 ceramic capacitor
- Knobs: Thumbwheels under pickguard
- Pickup Rings: Black
- Nut: 1 11/16"
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Neck Joint: Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo and Parallelograms
- Peghead Profile: Deluxe Flared Haircut
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring: Modern
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Guitar Finish: Tobacco Sunburst
- Pickguard: Ebony w/ non-grained ivoroid binding
- Truss Rod Cover: Ebony
- Strings: D'Addario EJ21 (.012" - .052")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
- Estimated Arrival: September 2022