Collings Guitar 001 Custom Full-Body Mahogany - 14370
Collings Guitar 001 Custom Full-Body Mahogany
There is an incredible charm to a full-body Mahogany guitar, when done right they can be some of the purest & natural sounding guitars ever made. This custom order Collings Guitar 001 Custom Full-Body Mahogany walks the line between elegant & authentic.
Custom built for a wonderful customer of ours, this Collings features a couple "3 style" appointments. The Chevron backstrip is a beautiful & subtle touch that accents the abalone rosette, and the Adirondack Bracing gives this Mahogany guitar a louder voice than you would expect from this small body instrument. The rope top purfling feels familiar on Mahogany & the custom "no tongue brace" option frees up the top to vibrate more freely, giving you a boost of volume and overall tone. This Collings Guitar 001 Custom Full-Body Mahogany is a joy to play, & a wonder to hear. The natural woody sound combines with elegant appointments to create a one of a kind guitar ready to be played for many years.
Top: Honduran Mahogany
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
Body Binding: Tortoise with Rope Purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony pyramid-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP short dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 13/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
Backstrip: 3-Style Chevron
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce
Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace & No Tongue Brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 31170