Eastman E10 Traditional OM w/ Thermo Cured Adirondack Spruce & Mahogany
The Orchestra name was given to this model in 1929 in an attempt to entice guitarists in dance orchestras to pick one up and take it to a gig. In more recent years, it has become a go-to instrument for finger pickers, due to its sensitive dynamic profile and subtle tonal properties. It provides a more carefully sculpted sound than a big bodied acoustic.
The Eastman OM guitars definitely carry their weight against any orchestra model on the market! With a standard short scale (24.9) & premium tonewoods; you'll find yourself glued to this guitar while falling in love at the same time! One of the most import things that we've found about Eastman OM models is they're very comfortable to Play. Sporting smooth, easy playabillity right out of the case, and a comfortable "Even C" neck profile that will fit right in the palm of your hand! The thermo-cured Adirondack top provides extra warmth and a "broken in" sound right out of the box. Adirondack is stiff and will give tons of headroom and tone at higher volumes without breaking up. When an Adirondack top is combined with the Mahogany back/sides, you'll get a punchy, dry, mid range instrument that (when pushed) is loud enough to break through any mix!
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Neck Profile: Traditional Even "C"
- Nut: Bone 1 3/4"
- Fretwire: 20 Jescar-FW43080
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Body Dimensions: 15" X 4-1/4"
- Bracings: Hand-Carved Scalloped X
- Body Top: Solid Thermo-Cured Adirondack Spruce
- Body Back/Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bridge/Saddle: Ebony/Bone, 2-5/32" Spacing
- Rosette: Classic
- Truss Rod: Dual Acting
- Binding: Top/Back
- Binding Material: Tortoise Shell
- Logo: Pearl Headstock
- Inlay: Pearl Dots
- Side Dot Color: White
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Neck Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell Pro-Gaurd
- Tuners: Open-Gear Ping V93N 3+3
- Electronics Option: None
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Truss Rod Wrench: 4mm Allen
- Serial: 16957160