Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt Brent Mason Telecaster - 14211
The Limited Edition Brent Mason Telecaster, masterbuilt by Kyle McMillin, is inspired by the distinctive Tele Mason has used for countless recordings and performances with a one-of-a-kind-tone that has made him one of Nashville’s most sought-after session aces. For this detailed recreation, Fender had an amazing time in Nashville working closely with Mason—painstakingly disassembling the guitar, measuring every detail precisely and examining every last part.
Truly, it’s hard to tell this guitar from the custom-powerhouse original guitar Mason has put through its paces for so many years. From the black grease and oil marks on the primer-gray custom Heavy Relic® finish to the heavily worn quartersawn Relic maple neck, it effortlessly harkens back to Mason’s hard-played and long-serving original. A trio of Seymour Duncan® pickups includes a mini humbucking neck pickup, ’80s-style hot-stack middle pickup and vintage-stack Telecaster bridge pickup, all wired to a custom control assembly with individual volume for the middle pickup, a push/pull tone knob that deactivates the middle pickup when pulled, and three-way blade switching.
Other custom appointments include an off-center-seam ash body, 1967 “C” neck profile, 7.25”-radius round-laminated quartersawn maple fingerboard with 21 vintage frets and black pearloid face dots, and a Joe Glaser B-Bender system for extra Nashville twang. Deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity included.
This Guitar is Pre-Sold! if you're interested in ordering one give us a call!
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Offset Seam Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 4A Flame Maple
- Neck Shape: 1967 "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: Glaser B-Bender Neck Plate
- Neck Finish: Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Quartersawn Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Vintage Stack® Tele® STK-T3B
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Hot Stack® Strat® STK-S2
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Vintage Mini Humbucker SM-1N
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck/Bridge); Volume 2. (Middle); Master Tone (Push/Pull Turns Off Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Pickup Configuration: SSH
- Bridge: Custom 6-Saddle Strings Through Body with Modified Plate and Saddles for Joe Glaser B-Bender System
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel® Locking
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Gold