Waterloo Guitars WL-12 Aged Finish - 14357
Waterloo Guitars WL-12 Aged Finish
The Waterloo Guitars ideology stems from the love of depression era guitars. Bill Collings wanted to re-capture the love of these poorly made instruments by building them them in a professional way with skilled craftsmanship that the 1930's & 40's guitars never had. This Waterloo Guitars WL-12 Aged Finish is a wonderful recreation of some of the first mass produced guitars that the United States ever saw!
Built with the vintage inspired X brace, this guitar yields a great amount of note definition with clarity & punch whether you're strumming or picking. The familiar tonewood combination of Solid Spruce & Maple is familiar and boxy without sounding too sharp or bright. The moderate oval C shaped neck is the most modern thing about this guitar & fits very comfortably in your hand no matter where you're playing on the neck. Other wonderful features on this Waterloo Guitars WL-12 Aged Finish include: a fully adjustable truss rod, drop-in saddle, and an Aged Black Top finish(see photos for finish checking).
- Top: Solid spruce
- Back/Sides: Solid flamed maple
- Bracing: Vintage-inspired X-bracing
- Color: Black Top
- Binding: Ivoroid bound top and soundhole
- Bridge: Ebony with 2 3/8" spacing
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Saddle: Bone drop-in
- Pickguard: Tigerstripe celluloid
Body Finish: Semi-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Aged Finish
- Neck: Solid mahogany
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Nut: 1 3/4" ebony nut
- Neck Support: Adjustable truss rod
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm acrylic dots
- Neck Profile: Moderate Oval shape
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Fret Wire: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Logo: Stenciled Waterloo
- Tuners: Golden Age Restoration
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Serial: 3607