Waterloo WL-12X w/ Black Top & Stained Sides w/ Aged Finish
The WL-12X is a new variation on the flagship WL-14 that brings together the elements of maple back and sides, vintage X-bracing, and 12-fret construction to create an entirely new Waterloo experience. By joining the neck to the body at the 12th fret, the bridge is positioned closer to the center of the lower bout, producing a rich and open tone with stronger low end response than you would typically expect from a parlor-sized guitar. Maple back/sides make for the perfect tonal compliment to the body design, adding focus, projection, and a pronounced front-end attack that is sure to inspire players of nearly any acoustic genre.
As a standard, all WL-12X models feature a moderate oval-shaped neck profile with a fully adjustable truss rod, drop-in saddle, and a vintage-style sunburst finish. This model is built with a custom Aged Finish for an authentic time-worn appearance.
- Top: Solid spruce
- Back/Sides: Solid flamed maple
- Bracing: Vintage-inspired X-bracing
- Color: Black Top & Stained Sides/Back
- Binding: Ivoroid bound top and soundhole
- Bridge: Ebony with 2 3/8" spacing
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Saddle: Bone drop-in
- Pickguard: Tigerstripe celluloid
- Body Finish: Semi-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer (Aged Finish)
- Neck: Solid mahogany
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Nut: 1 3/4" ebony nut
- Neck Support: Adjustable truss rod
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm acrylic dots
- Neck Profile: Moderate Oval shape
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Fret Wire: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Logo: Stenciled Waterloo
- Tuners: Golden Age Restoration
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Serial: 3607