Our qualified team and quality builders are the ideal combination for helping you create the perfect personal custom order
With our unique catalog of luthiers, custom instrument design has become one of our key areas of experience. Whether you have exacting specifications in mind, or need assistance with designing a guitar to fit your personal needs, our staff has extensive knowledge of each builder's techniques & resources. We can assist you from start to finish with your custom order. Our luthiers only build-to order, so an instrument we have in stock represents an average wait time of 6 months to have one built (and a similar 6 month wait time to replace it).
With as many as 500 new & pre-owned instruments in stock, you will also find we have more than 200 new instruments on order with our builders at any given time. Visit the On Order section under each brand, for a complete list of instruments we are expecting. This list is updated daily, though an estimated time of arrival might be adjusted due to the builder's schedule, material delays, and demand.
We continually offer a full range of models and features for the exclusive brands we represent. With extended build-to-order schedules, we place orders many months in advance to keep pace with demand. With a modest deposit of 25%, you can reserve an instrument from our build schedule. The balance is not due until your new instrument completed and is ready to ship. If you are considering a custom order, our reserved build slots may also offer you the opportunity to receive a priority build slot, usually with an accelerated arrival time.
Take a look at some costumer reviews of our excellent costumer service
Here are some examples of the custom features available to you (varies by builder):
- Upgraded Master grade tone woods (Ziricote, Cocobolo, Madagascar Rosewood, Sinker / Bee's Wings / Flamed Mahogany, German Maple, Brazilian Rosewood, Macassar Ebony, Koa, California Sycamore, and others)
- Upgraded sound boards to match your string attack (German Spruce, Italian Spruce, Carpathian Spruce, Engelmann Spruce, Redwood, American Red Cedar, Port Orford Cedar, Adirondack Red Spruce, European Red Spruce)
- Custom binding, purfling, & esthetic materials
- Custom designed inlays and rosettes
- Nut width and string spacing
- Custom neck profile
- Custom sunbursts and finish options; including Varnish vs. Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Optional headstock veneers
- Tuner options
- On-board electronics
- Deep body construction option
- Custom top bracing, specific to your string attack or playing style (Adirondack Spruce bracing vs. Sitka Spruce)
- Hide glue construction option
After an in depth discussion with one of our crew members, we will finalize the entire list of specifications, and prepare a personal quote for your approval. Once you have approved the order, a 25% deposit is required to have your order confirmed with the builder. (Note - In the event you elect to cancel your order, your deposit is non-refundable).