New Model From Collings... The Collings 290 DC S Double Cutaway Single P90
We took our popular 290 model and reshaped it into an elegant Double Cutaway shape (hence the "DC") and also outfitted it with a single Lollar Dog Ear P90 pickup (hence the "S"). All of this combined makes the Collings 290 DC S.
To add to the straight ahead vintage tone and vibe of this 290, we have developed a custom Collings wraparound tailpiece that delivers unsurpassed dynamic range and tonal versatility with a very simple and classic design. We are truly amazed by what this single pickup guitar has to offer! It is capable of producing a vast array of tones, from pristine clean tones rich with harmonic complexity to hard-hitting vintage rock tones with enough focused growl to cut through any mix. Dial back the volume and tone, and you'll be surprised by the smooth, mellow tones that are available without ever getting muddy. This instrument will put tone back in the hands of the player, not in the hands of effect pedals or multi-channel amps.
Contact Artisan today about getting one on order!
- Solid Mahogany Body
- High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- East Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
- Ebony Peghead Veneer
- Grained Ivoroid Dot Fingerboard Inlays
- Amber or Black Top Hat Knobs
- Custom Dog Ear P90-style Pickup by Jason Lollar
- Hand Set Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- 50's Style Wiring
- 12" Fingerboard Radius
- Tone Pros Bridge and Tailpiece
- Gotoh SG301 Tuners with Vintage-Style Buttons