1966 Fender Deluxe Reverb Amplifier ID-6573
1966 Fender Deluxe Reverb Amplifier
Although Leo Fender developed many ground breaking an iconic instruments, his primary passion was amplifiers. None of his accomplishments exceed those that he made to the electric tube amplifier. The 22-watt 1966 Fender Deluxe Reverb amp is the perfect accompaniment for rock, country or blues players who want a moderately powered amp they can crank up at the gig or in the studio. The full, snappy guitar tones heard on many famous recordings from Memphis to Abbey Road were made using the Deluxe™ amp. In fact, one of Nashville busiest session players - Tom Bukovac uses one of these!
It is rated at just 24 watts or so (with two 6V6 power tubes), but the overall circuitry in the amp is virtually the same as the Vibrolux Reverb. It has two channels, which drive a single 12" speaker. The unique features include include dual 6V6 output tubes, one 5AR4 rectifier tube, four 12AX7 preamp tubes, two 12AT7 tubes, one 12” speaker, dual channels (normal and vibrato), tube-driven Fender® reverb, tube vibrato, two-button footswitch for reverb and vibrato on-off, black textured vinyl covering and silver grille cloth.
This 1966 Blackface Fender Deluxe Reverb amp has been tested and inspected and is in perfect working condition. The original tubes are still installed in this one, and all are in good working order. There are no rips or tears to the Tolex or grille cloth and it sounds as good as you would expect from a vintage Fender amplifier.
The original label as seen in the detailed photos below was very fragile and the bottom corners have been lost as also pictured. The tube chart has an ink stamp of "PH" indicating that this one was made in August of 1966. If you are looking for Vintage tone, looks, and in collector condition, this is most certainly, your amp. What else would you need, except another Deluxe!
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: Production Stamp PH
- Case: Soft Amplifier Cover
- Misc. 1: Inputs: 4 Inputs (2 per Channel)
- Misc. 2: Auxiliary Input: 1/4" Footswitch Jack
- Misc. 3: Extension Speaker Jack: External Speaker Jack
- Misc. 4: Channels: Two Channels (Normal and Vibrato)
- Misc. 5: Channels: Two Channels (Normal and Vibrato)
- Misc. 6: Rectifier: 5AR4 Rectifier Tube
- Misc. 7: Controls: Normal Channel: Volume, Treble, Bass. Vibrato Channel: Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb. Vibrato: Speed, Intensity
- Misc. 8: Speaker: 12" Speaker
- Misc. 9: Speaker Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Misc. 10: Preamp Tubes: 4 x 12AX7, 2 X 12AT7
- Misc. 11: Footswitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Misc. 12: Chassis Stamp: A 16706