1997 Fender American Vintage 57' Stratocaster 2 Color Sunburst ID-9051
1997 Fender American Vintage 57' Stratocaster 2 Color Sunburst
One of the most popular instruments in history, the Fender® Stratocaster® guitar is the most imitated electric guitar ever. 1957 was a landmark year for the instrument - it had evolved from its early incarnations into an archetype - and it was the high point of the maple-neck era. The Fender American Vintage '57 Stratocaster Electric Guitar meticulously re-creates a famous design. It's true to all the original specs and detailing, including neck and headstock shapes, body contours - even the original hand-beveled pickup magnets. Comes fitted with American Vintage pickups, the original synchronized tremolo (with ashtray included), nickel silver frets, and other vintage appointments.
Additional appointments on this instrument include the contoured alder body, one-piece maple neck with 7.25" radius, 3 new American Vintage pickups, 21 nickel silver frets, one volume, 2 tone controls, original synchronized tremolo, with ashtray.
It features an Alder body with Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish. Fender originally used Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish on all of their guitars, but switched to polyurethane in the early to mid 70's. Nitrocellulose is more labor intensive and is thinner than polyurethane. Because the Nitrocellulose finish is thinner it allows the wood to "breathe" and resonate better giving you a tone that is more authentic to the original '57 Fender Stratocaster.
This 1997 Fender American Vingage 57' Stratocaster 2 Color Sunburst is in excellent condition with only a few very minor surface scratches on the body. Inside the case you will find the Whammy Bar, and all the case candy. Tweed Hardshell Case Included.
- Serial: V094712
- Top Wood: Comfort Contoured Alder Body
- Back Wood: Comfort Contoured Alder Body
- Nut Width: 1 21/32"
- Scale: 25.5"
- Year: 1997
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Neck Wood: 1 Piece Tinted Maple Neck
- Fretboard: Maple (7.25" Radius/184mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: American Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo with "Ash Tray" Bridge Cover
- Tuners: Fender Gotoh Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Headstock Inlay: Fender Stratocaster Logo
- Neck Profile: V Shape
- Pickup(s): 3 New American Vintage Strat Single Coils (Bridge, Middle, Neck Pickups)
- Pickup Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck Pickup), Tone 2 (Middle Pickup)
- Case: Tweed Hardshell Case Included