1998 Gibson Les Paul 58 RI Lefty with Flamed Maple and Honeyburst Finish ID-9246
1998 Gibson Les Paul 58 RI Lefty with Flamed Maple and Honeyburst Finish
In July of 1958 Gibson introduced the newly renamed Les Paul Standard. They hoped to correct Gibson’s waning sales of solid body electric guitars, which had been on the decline ever since 1953 when the company shipped 2,245 instruments. The 1958 Gibson Les Paul Standard reissue produced today by Gibson Custom is true to all of the original instrument’s features and characteristics, including Gibson’s traditional carved maple top and solid, non-weight relieved mahogany body. Gibson’s legendary 57 Classic pickups deliver all the subtle variations of true, classic humbucker tone by using historically “unmatched” bobbin windings and Alnico II magnets.
Other historical appointments include CTS potentiometers, bumble bee capacitors, rolled crème-colored fingerboard binding, single-ply crème binding around the body, and period-correct switchwasher and jackplate.
This guitar is a fantastic player with a lovely realistic Eastern Flamed Maple top. The 1990's were the good wood period of the Gibson Custom Shop and this one is a prime example. It presents a very realistic look just like a real faded 1959 Burst. The top has an aged look to it but the real secret is the tone and playability of this guitar!
This 1998 Gibson Les Paul 58 RI Lefty with Flamed Maple and Honeyburst Finish SKU-9246 is in excellent condition with a few very light dents and scratches which we have attemtpted to capture in the detailed photos. It has minor fretwear and Includes the original hardshell case.
- Serial: 8 8511
- Top Wood: Flamed Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 3/4"
- Year: 1998
- Inlays: Acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Neck Wood: Mahogany neck with early 1950s profile and rosewood fingerboard
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge: Authentic Tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece
- Tuners: Vintage-style tulip tuners
- Body Binding: Single-ply crème binding around the body
- Fretboard Binding: Rolled crème-colored fingerboard binding
- Pickguard: Cream
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Holly Headstock Veneer
- Headstock Inlay: Gibson Logo / Les Paul Signature
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Pickup(s): 2X 57 Classic
- Pickup Controls: Two volume, two tone with Three - Way Selector Switch
- Case: Original Gibson Hardshell Case