1998 Gretsch G6120TM Chet Atkins Hollow Body ID-5361
1998 Gretsch G6120TM Chet Atkins Hollow Body
From Chet to Bo, and from The Reverend Horton Heat to Brain Setzer, the Gretsch sound has defined rock and roll, country, and rockabilly.This modern version of the classic 6120 Chet Atkins Hollow Body guitar features a 16"-wide, 2.5"-deep full hollow body, rock maple neck, ebony fingerboard with Neo-Classic "thumbnail" inlays, dual High Sensitive Filter'Tron pickups, Grover Rotomatic machine heads, Adjusto-Matic bridge, and Bigsby B6G vibrato tailpiece. The Gretsch G6120 Chet Atkins Hollow Body is the one that started it all. When Gretsch approached Chet--already on his way to "legendary" status--in 1954 about designing his own model, the 6120 was the result, and it quickly became one of the company's most popular models. The 6120 was present at the birth of Rock 'n' Roll, and remains a favorite to this day among players of all ages and musical genres. Today, Gretsch is proud to offer a stable of 6120 Chet Atkins Hollow Body guitar that are fully equipped and ready to rock!
The FilterTron pickup features dual-coils that are designed to "filter" out the electronic hum normally associated with single-coil pickups, while adding a warmer tone and a significantly increasing the output and sustain. This guitar was originally designed in conjunction with Chet Atkins for his particular playing and sound. This guitar achieves Chet personal touches, at a workingman's price.
With its eye-opening tiger flame maple top, sides and back, the G6120TM is a real stunner. This Guitar features the classic combination of Filter-tron's and a Bigsby. There is no other guitar that can copy this sound. Nothing comes close for that cool swing, hip rockabilly or twanging' country.
This guitar shows some oxidation on the gold hardware, common for a guitar this age. There is light finish scratching on the front and back that could not be photographed. There are a few tiny marks on the headstock, shown in the photograph. Hardshell case included.
- Model: G6120TM (Made in Japan)
- Model Number: 240-1250-(850)
- Series: Professional Collection
- Color: Tiger Maple Orange Stain
- Hollow Body
- Single Cutaway
- Scale: 24.6"
- Top: Arches Laminated Flamed Maple
- Back and Sides: Laminated Maple Body
- Neck: 3 Piece Maple
- Pickups: 2 High Sensitive Filter'Tron
- Pickup Switching: 3 Position Toggle
- Controls: Volume 1, Volume 2, Master Volume, 3 Position Toggle Master Tone Switch
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Fretboard: Ebony 12" Radius
- Bridge: Rosewood Based Adjusto-Matic
- Tailpiece: Gretsch Bigsby B6G Vibrato
- Gold Plated Hardware
- Finish: Gloss Urethane
- 22 Frets
- Tuners: Gold Plated Grover 102-18G Rotomatic
- Neo Classic "Thumbnail" Inlay Position Markers, Curly Maple
- Headstock Overlay
- Horseshoe Headstock Inlay
- Bound Fingerboard
- Multiple Body Bindings
- Oversized F-Holes
- Gold Plexi Pickguard with "Chet Atkins" Signature Signpost
- Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod