1999 Gibson ES 135 Limited Edition Thinline Semi Hollow with Cutaway ID-7270
1999 Gibson ES 135 Limited Edition Thinline Semi Hollow with Cutaway
The Gibson ES-135 is a semi-hollow body electric guitar made by the Gibson Guitar Corporation. Introduced in 1991, it was discontinued in 2002.
This ES-135 features the famous "Patent-Applied-For" '57 humbuckers instead of the original P-100. The PAF's sing when run clean for jazz or blues but can also deliver fat, crunchy rhythm sounds with sustained leads when distorted. The only true authentic, vintage humbucker reissue available. The neck profile is another classic -- the maple 1959 rounded Les Paul.
It had looks and tone reminiscent of the old ES-125 TDC, but was not a fully hollow thinline guitar, having a feedback-suppressing sustain block running under the pickups and bridge from the neck/body joint to the base of the body like the ES-335.
The body itself and neck were again of similar construction to the ES-335, being built from laminated maple but with an unbound rosewood fingerboard with dot-style fret position markers. The metal fittings were chrome-plated. At launch, Gibson claimed it was the first semi-solid electric guitar with a Florentine-style single cutaway in the world.
This guitar has a few minor surface scratches which we have tried to capture in the detailed photos below. It has very minor fretwear and includes the original hardshell case.
- Serial: 90299440
- Top Wood: Maple
- Back Wood: Maple
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 3/4"
- Year: 1999
- Inlays: MOP Dot fingerboard inlays
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Nut Material: Tusq
- Bridge: Trapeze Tailpiece
- Tuners: Individual Grover Roto-Matic tuners with tulip-shaped metal buttons
- Body Binding: White
- Pickguard: Five-layer (black/white/black/white/black) plastic pickguard
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Black Laminate
- Headstock Inlay: Gibson logo and ES 135 decals
- Frets To Body: 16
- Neck Profile: Mahogany 1959 rounded Les Paul neck
- Pickup(s): 57 Classic Humbuckers
- Pickup Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone with Black plastic barrel-shaped "Speed" knobs with white markings
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included