2001 Martin 000 28SMH Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood Blue Yodel No 13 ID-9238
2001 Martin OOO 28SMH Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood Blue Yodel No 13
We are pleased to present number 32 of only 122 Merle Haggard, Martin OOO 28SMH signature models produced. In a career spanning five decades, Merle Haggard built a legacy virtually unmatched in music. Throughout his career, Martin guitars have taken center stage with Merle and Martin was proud to return the compliment with the introduction of a Merle Haggard Signature Edition.
The 000C-28SMH showcases the same graceful body style as Jimmie Rodgers’ famed “Blue Yodel” Martin 000-45, only with a cutaway to provide easy access to the upper frets. Premium solid tonewoods contribute to this model’s spectacular good looks. Choice bookmatched Sitka spruce, prized for its full, powerful tone, has been selected for the top. Hand-scalloped braces add to its signature sound. East Indian rosewood back and sides contribute deep, rich timbre and outstanding volume. The rosette features Martin’s Style 45 pearl inlay of colorful abalone. Fine pattern herringbone top trim and grained ivoroid binding complement the light amber, aging toner-tinted top.
Fashioned from genuine mahogany, the modified V-shape, satin-finished neck highlights Martin tradition with its diamond volute and square-slotted, tapered headstock. The polished East Indian rosewood headstock overlay is inlaid with “Blue Yodel No. 13” in mother of pearl, in a style reminiscent of the headstock inlay on Rodgers’ guitar: “C. F. Martin & Co.” is stamped into the back of the headstock, as on early 20th century Martins. Waverly W-16 side-mount nickel tuners are similarly vintage-inspired.
The wide (1 3/4” at the nut), unbound fingerboard of black African ebony is inlaid with Martin’s long pattern diamonds and squares abalone position markers. Merle Haggard’s signature is inlaid between the 19th and 20th frets. The black African belly bridge, and pearl inlaid ebony bridge and end pins, match the handsome fingerboard.
The body of the 000C-28SMH is finished in polished gloss nitrocellulose lacquer. The instrument comes without a pickguard, in the tradition of Martin’s original 12-fret guitars. Additionally, this guitar comes with an interior label personally signed by Merle Haggard and Martin Chairman and CEO C.F. Martin IV, and numbered in sequence.
This 2001 Martin 000 28SMH Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood Blue Yodel No 13 is in good condition with some finish dents and scratches that we have attempted to capture in the detailed photos. It has minor fretwear and includes the original hardshell case.
- Serial: 812678
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Year: 2001
- Bracing: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16'' with Solid Sitka Spruce1/4'' Tone Bars
- Inlays: Abalone Diamonds & Squares Long Pattern, Merle Haggard Signature Between 19th & 20th Fret
- Rosette: Style 45
- Neck Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Fretboard: Solid Black Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2-1/4''
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ Pearl Dots / 1 Plastic Replacement
- Tuners: Waverly Nickel Side Mount w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Purfling: Fine Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Headstock Shape: Slotted/Square Slots/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headstock Overlay: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Blue Yodel #13 inlaid in M.O.P. C. F. Martin & Co., Nazareth, PA. Stamp on Back of Head
- Frets To Body: 12
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Pickup(s): D Tar Wavelength / K and K pure mini
- Pickup Controls: Sound Hole Mounted Volume / Tone
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included