2002 Larrivee DV - 09 BW Canadian Sitka Spruce and Australian Blackwood ID-8977
2002 Larrivee DV - 09 BW Canadian Sitka Spruce and Australian Blackwood
The Larrivee DV-09 BW Select Series Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is a powerful dreadnought from a maker who's been handcrafting fine guitars since the late '60s.
The guitar features all solid wood construction with a Canadian Sitka spruce top and Australian Blackwood back and sides. This tonewood combination offers a very robust tone and perfectly balanced sound. The attention to detail is evident and each D-09 includes Larrivee Sitka Spruce Symmetrical Parabolic X-Bracing bracing and a hand-fit dovetail neck joint.
Because of its stunning beauty and warm, full tone, Australian Blackwood has become an incredibly desirable tonewood. At first glance, one is taken back by the gorgeously figured character of the wood, however to fully understand what makes this such a remarkable tonewood, it needs to be heard. With warmth and richness, blackwood has a tone that is inviting for the player and listener alike.
Additional appointments include, a Single Piece Mahogany Neck, African Ebony Fretboard & Bridge, Canadian Maple Multi-Strip Body Binding, Hand fit Dovetail Neck Joint, Abalone Rosette, Pearl Logo w/ Sterling Silver Border, Chrome Tuners (18:1 Ratio), Ivoroid Fretboard Binding, Larrivee Custom Beveled Pickguard, Microdot Fretboard Markers, TUSQ Nut, and Compensated TUSQ Saddle.
This 2002 Larrivee DV-09BW Canadian Sitka Spruce and Australian Blackwood is in excellent + condition with a few very small surface scratches. It has very minor fretwear and includes the original hardshell case. An absolutely great guitar for under $2,000.
- Serial: 53960
- Top Wood: Canadian Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Australian Blackwood
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Year: 2002
- Bracing: Symmetrical Parabolic X-Bracing
- Inlays: Microdot Fretboard Markers
- Rosette: Abalone Rosette
- Neck Wood: Single Piece Mahogany Neck
- Fretboard: African Ebony Fretboard
- Nut Material: Tusq
- Saddle Material: Tusq
- Bridge: African Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Tuners: Chrome Tuners (18:1 Ratio)
- Purfling: B/W/B/W/B
- Body Binding: Canadian Maple Multi-Strip Body Binding
- Fretboard Binding: Ivoroid Fretboard Binding
- Pickguard: Clear
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony peghead overlay
- Headstock Inlay: Pearl Logo w/ Sterling Silver Border
- Frets To Body: 14
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Waist: 11.125"
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Includes