2002 Martin Philly Folk Festival Ltd Engelmann Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-7204
2002 Martin Philly Folk Festival Ltd Engelmann Spruce and Indian Rosewood
This 2002 Martin Philly Folk Festival Ltd Engelmann Spruce and Indian Rosewood is in excellent condition with onla a few very minor scratches and dents as seen in the detailed photos below. It has minor fretwear and includes the original special blue jean denim covered Geib™ hardshell case.
The Philadelphia Folksong Society, a non-profit educational organization dedicated to the encouragement and enjoyment of folk music and related expressions of folklore, sponsors research, education, therapeutic programs and related publications. Perhaps their most famous and visible activity is the annual summer folk festival.
Held every summer in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania, the Philadelphia Folk Festival, celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2002. One of the longest running and most successful events of its kind in the United States, the Philadelphia Folk Festival evolved from a small, grass roots event into a three-day family-oriented celebration attracting folk music enthusiasts from around the globe. The festival features an amazing list of performers, folk and square dancing, workshops, arts and crafts, and camping.
In honor of the Philadelphia Folk Festival’s 40th Anniversary and Martin’s long term involvement in and support of this event, Martin created the MPFF 40th Anniversary Commemorative Guitar. Designed with folk musicians in mind, the MPFF Limited Edition marks the revival of Martin’s "M" Model, a large, thin-bodied studio guitar inspired by the Company’s 1930s arch-tops.
Hand crafted entirely of solid woods, this MPFF 40th Anniversary Commemorative Guitar is a 14-fret M model with hybrid scalloped X-bracing. The back and sides are East Indian rosewood, and the top is Engelmann spruce. The neck is solid mahogany, and the African black ebony fingerboard is inlaid with style 42 snowflake pattern with the Philadelphia Folk Festival’s banjo logo inlaid in mother of pearl between the 3rd and 5th frets. "Philadelphia Folk Festival" in stylized lettering will be inlaid in mother of pearl between the 18th and 20th frets.
This MPFF Limited Edition Philadelphia Folk Festival 40th Anniversary Guitar will features an interior label signed by Martin’s Chairman and CEO Chris Martin IV and by Festival Chairman David Baskin. A special secondary label features a printed panel of signatures of all of the artists who participated in the event.
- Serial: 878122
- Top Wood: Englemann Spruce
- Back Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25.4"
- Year: 2002
- Bracing: 1 Style/Scalloped
- Inlays: 42 Style Snowflake (Banjo in M.O.P. replaces snowflake at 5th fret) Phili Folk Festival In MOP Btwn 18 & 20 Fret
- Rosette: Style 45 - Maple and Black Fiber Inlays
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 1/4''
- Bridge: Brazilian Rosewood Belly
- Bridge Pins: White w/ Abalone Dots
- Tuners: Schaller Gold w/ Large Ebony Knobs
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Pickguard: I-03 Tortoise Color/Beveled and Polished
- Backstrip: Style 45
- Headstock Shape: Solid/Diamond/Tapered
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Stamp on Back of Head(C.F. Martin and Co Naz Pa)/Alternate Torch Pearl Inlay
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Low Profile
- Case: Original Hardshell Blue Jean Case