2002 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top Teal Finish ID-8093
2002 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top Teal Finish
The Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since.
The Custom PRS guitar has a 24-fret mahogany Pattern Regular neck and a rosewood fretboard with abalone bird inlays while the headstock matches back and front. Electronics include an HFS bridge and Vintage Bass neck pickup with 5-way rotary pickup selector plus volume and tone knobs. Hardware on the Custom 24 Ten-Top guitar includes a PRS tremolo and 14:1 low-mass locking tuners.
5-Position Rotary Pickup Selector
This PRS feature allows great tonal versatility using two PRS humbucking pickups. The switch combines the coils of each pickup to produce all of the "PRS tones".
Rotary Positions (numbers on the control knob):
• Position 10: Treble pickup - powerful with plenty of definition - traditional humbucker tone
• Position 9: Outside coils in parallel - deep and clear sound
• Position 8: Series single-coils - warm version of in-between the treble and middle pickups.
• Position 7: Parallel single-coils - crisp version of in-between the treble and middle pickups
• Position 6: Bass pickup - warm with tons of character - traditional humbucker tone
This 2002 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top Teal Finish is in excellent + condition with only a very few surface scratches we attempted to capture in the detailed photos below. It has very minor fretwear and includes the original hardshell case.
- Shipping Weight: 68 lbs
- Serial: 2-71615
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 25"
- Year: 2002
- Inlays: Abalone bird inlays on fretboard
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: PRS Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Matching Headstock
- Headstock Inlay: Paul Reed Smith Logo
- Neck Profile: Pattern Regular
- Pickup(s): HFS bridge and Vintage Bass neck pickups
- Pickup Controls: Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Rotary Switch
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included