2003 Martin HD-28 Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-5190
2003 Martin HD-28 Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
The Martin HD-28 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic is the re-creation of Martin's legendary herringbone style 28 guitars. It has a Sitka spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides, and mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard. Vintage appointments include herringbone top trim, a traditional zigzag backstrip, and Martin's famous scalloped X-bracing that allows the top to vibrate more freely, yielding a louder, more open tone.
This martin certainly has the tone we've come to expect from this famous guitar maker... it is rich and dark with well rounded notes and big, bassy chords.
This instrument has some dents, as indicated in the detail photographs. There is some light finish scratching that does not go through the wood. A strap button has been installed. Hardshell case included.
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: HD Ziz-Zag
- Endpiece: White Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: White Boltaron
- Top Inlay: Bold Herringbone
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood with Gold Foil Logo
- Heelcap: White Boltaron
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Scale: 25.4"
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Style 28 Fingerboard Inlays
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Bridge: Ebony Belly
- Chrome Tuners with Large Buttons
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Hardshell Case Included