2004 Martin 000 42 Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-7485
2004 Martin OOO 42 Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
The Martin OOO-42 acoustic guitar oozes rich tone and vintage vibes from an 000 style body. This guitar features a solid Sitka spruce top combined with narrow-waisted comfort and sumptuous appointments. Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, bold abalone pearl with black and white Boltaron top inlay, grained ivoroid binding and heel cap, Style 45 back purfling, and a black ebony fretboard with Style 45 Snowflake with select abalone pearl inlay mark this as a true luxury guitar.
The tone is all Martin... rich and full with a resounding bass response, even out of the OM body size. Playability is easy up and down the neck. A custom modified V makes for very comfortable playing with just enough of a V shape.
Short-scale fans - rejoice! It combines the bluesy 24.9 scale of the 000-28 with the beauty & wood grade of the legendary OM-42. Fat trebles and tons of sustain! Short scale has more of a thumping "fundamental" sound and long scale has more shimmer and sustain. Of course long scale is better if you plan on dropping tunings like drop D etc.
People tend to overlook scale length but it's a major factor in the sound a guitar makes. Short scale is easier to bend strings and fret because of the reduced tension on the strings. And playing in general is usually easier because of the shorter distance between frets.
This Martin is in excellent condition, with just a few minor dents and scratches to the top which we have attempted to capture in the detail in the photographs below. It has minor fretwear and includes the oiriginal hardshell case.
- Serial: 1037285
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Year: 2004
- Bracing: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16' / Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Inlays: Style 45 Snowflakes - Select Abalone Pearl
- Rosette: Style 45
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 1/4'
- Bridge: Ebony Belly
- Bridge Pins: White w/ Abalone Dots
- Tuners: Gold Open Geared w/ Butterbean Buttons
- Purfling: Style 45
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- Backstrip: Style 45
- Headstock Shape: Solid/Diamond/SquareTaper
- Headstock Overlay: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: C. F. Martin Block - Abalone Pearl
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included