2004 Martin OM-42 Custom Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood 42 Style Inlays ID-5625
2004 Martin OM-42 Custom Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood 42 Style Inlays
The Martin OM-42 Acoustic Guitar oozes rich tone and vintage vibes from an auditorium-style body. This guitar features a solid Sitka spruce top combined with narrow-waisted comfort and sumptuous appointments. Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, bold abalone pearl with black and white Boltaron top inlay, grained ivoroid binding and heel cap, Style 45 back purfling, and a black ebony fretboard with Style 45 Snowflake with select abalone pearl inlay mark this as a true luxury guitar.
The tone is all Martin... rich and full with a resounding bass response, even out of the OM body size. Playability is easy up and down the neck. A custom modified V makes for very comfortable playing with just enough of a V shape.
This pre-owned guitar has a few dings on the top, pictured in the detail photographs. There are some scratches on the back, also photographed, as well as on the pickguard. The headstock shows some scratches and misc marks, also photographed. The finish is sinking throughout, common with nitrocellulose finishes. Original hardshell case included.
- Serial: 1040005
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard X Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Abalone Pearl With Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Side Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C.F. Martin Block- Select Pearl
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid With Black/White Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 45 Snowflake With Select Abalone Pearl
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/4''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Gold W/ Butterbean Knobs
- Bridge & End Pins: White with Abalone Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color Beveled And Polished
- Case: Original Case Included