2008 Martin HD 28 Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-6866
2008 Martin HD 28 Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
Under the leadership of C.F. Martin IV, Martin and Co. has always built each of their guitars with extreme quality and beauty. All Martin guitars have always used top notch woods that are expertly inspected and selected by the wood experts at Martin. Nothing else sounds like a Martin guitar, and many of the most famous small builders in the world use Martin's original designs as foundations for their instruments. During the 1980s, Martin made some custom order and short production-run reissues of the legendary pre-World War II model D-28. The pre-War D-28s are affectionately known as “herringbones” or just “bones” by virtue of the herringbone marquetry inlaid along the perimeter of the top. The Martin HD-28 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic is a re-creation of the legendary herringbone D-28-style guitars, with a Sitka spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides, and mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard.
Vintage appointments include herringbone top trim, a traditional zigzag backstrip, and Martin's famous scalloped X-bracing that allows the top to vibrate more freely, yielding a louder, more open tone.
This HD-28 has all of the deep bass response that Martin is famous for. Chords are rich and full with no unpleasant or harsh highs.
This guitar is in excellent condition with only a few, very minor surface scratches. There is very minor fretwear and it includes the original hardshell case.
- Serial: 1378096
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 25.4"
- Year: 2008
- Bracing: Standard X Scalloped
- Inlays: Style 28
- Rosette: Style 28
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Fretboard: Solid Black Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 1/8"
- Bridge: Ebony Belly
- Bridge Pins: White
- Tuners: Chrome Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: White Boltaron
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Backstrip: HD Zig-Zag
- Headstock Shape: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Low Profile
- Case: Original Hardshell Case Included