Collings 290 Custom Aged Sherwood Green
Collings has been building electric guitars since 2006, and since their introduction into the market, they have consistently changed the public’s view of the iconic electric guitar in a new light, developing a new standard for fit, finish, innovation, and most importantly tone!
Like all of their electric models, the Collings 290 is named after a highway that runs through the Austin hill country and takes you to Collings workshop. This Particular model features a Custom 60's Neck Carve, a beautiful aged Sherwood Green Finish, and a Schaller signum wraparound bridge.
The Body is crafted from a select piece of dense mahogany that has two well thought out ergonomic cuts on the back of the guitar, one for the area where the guitar rests, and the other in the lower bout to accommodate resting on your knee when sitting down. The leg cutout makes practicing or doing a session easy as it conforms to your leg, and the other, makes standing and playing a gig a pleasure as the guitar fits comfortably against your body.
- Construction: Solid body
- Body: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: None
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Schaller Signum Wraparound
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ ivoroid long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Pickups: Lollar P90s
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs: Black top hat
- Nut: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint: Extra long mortise and tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Aged Nickel Gotoh w/ Aged Ivoroid Knobs
- Wiring: 50s style
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Guitar Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer (Aged Finish Package)
- Pickguard: Black/Cream/Black
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/Cream/Black with 290 logo
- Strings: D'Addario NYXL1149 (.011" - .049")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
- Serial: 201582