Collings 290DCS Tobacco Sunburst Double Cutaway with Single Lollar P90 ID-5609
Collings 290DCS Tobacco Sunburst Double Cutaway
You can't visit the Collings shop in the outskirts of Austin without traveling through the Texas hill country on Highway 290. Named after this highway, the 290 DC S boasts amazing versatility in it's tonal spectrum. Equipped with one hand-wound Dog Ear P90 pickup from Jason Lollar, the Collings 290DCS is a modern day tribute to the original working man's rock 'n roll guitar.
To add to the straight ahead vintage tone and vibe of this 290, Collings has developed a custom Collings wraparound tailpiece that delivers unsurpassed dynamic range and tonal versatility with a very simple and classic design. We are truly amazed by what this single pickup guitar has to offer! It is capable of producing a vast array of tones, from pristine clean tones rich with harmonic complexity to hard-hitting vintage rock tones with enough focused growl to cut through any mix. Dial back the volume and tone, and you'll be surprised by the smooth, mellow tones that are available without ever getting muddy. This instrument will put tone back in the hands of the player, not in the hands of effect pedals or multi-channel amps.
- Tobacco Sunburst with Black Pickguard
- Solid Mahogany Body
- High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Madagascar Rosewood Fingerboard
- Ebony Peghead Veneer
- Grained Ivoroid Dot Fingerboard Inlays
- Black Top Hat Knobs
- Custom Dog Ear P90-style Pickup by Jason Lollar
- Hand Set Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- 50's Style Wiring
- 12" Fingerboard Radius
- Collings Custom Wraparound Bridge
- Gotoh SG301 Tuners with Vintage-Style Buttons
- Body Length: 16 1/2"
- Body Depth: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/2"
- Total Length: 38 3/4"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Serial: 11016