Collings Baby 2H Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-6642
Collings Baby 2H Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
Collings' smallest model is a rarity among fractional size guitars: most listeners never guess that it's not a full-size instrument unless they see it being played. The Collings Baby is approximately a 3/4 size version of their OM, 12 1/2 inches wide in the lower bout with a 24 1/8 inch scale, and the headstock and bridge are scaled to match. Sometimes the Baby is used as a travel guitar, but it often sees duty as a songwriter's tool, the guitar that's ready at a moment's notice and can be played while seated in any position.
Upon arrival at Artisan, we are all continually impressed with these small-bodied wonders. We find the tone to be quite large compared to what we expected out of such a small guitar. The low end is remarkable, even on par with many of the single and 00 models we see come through the shop. This is a guitar you can sit and play for hours on end without fatigue, thanks to the small profile and short-scale length. It's almost impossible to put down and offers many creative possibilities that you may not come up with on larger guitars.
The Collings Baby 2H Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood offers a classic combination of Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood. This combination is favorable for many playing styles as it offers the most versatility in regards to heavy or light playing. Rosewood offers a lush, rich tone with lots of reverberation like properties and a full low end.
- Shipping Weight: 57
- Serial: 20450
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 24 1/8"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: Traditional diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Rosette: Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Purfling: Herringbone
- Body Binding: Grained ivoroid binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style pickguard
- Backstrip: Herringbone
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Body Depth: 3 15/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 12 1/2"
- Total Length: 36 1/2"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Fully adjustable truss rod
- Misc. 2: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish