Collings C10A Short Scale Custom Dark Sunburst ID-7038
Collings C10A Short Scale Custom Dark Sunburst
While you won't read it on Collings' website, the C-10 is very similar to the Gibson L-00 of old. It is built with a similar narrow waist and small upper bout; resulting in a precise, focused response. The smaller upper bout is gratifying and a true dream to play. It's this unique body size that allows the Collings C-10 to project a more focused mid-range then other smaller bodied guitars. This mid-range is combined with a crisp low-end and rounded, mellow trebles. Of all our acoustic models, the C10 is perhaps the easiest for electric guitarists to adapt to, thanks in part to the more rounded neck profile.
This Custom C10 features a beautiful Adirondack Spruce top complimented by Mahogany back and sides. Adirondack spruce, also known as Eastern Red Spruce, was the legendary topwood used on most pre-war American-made guitars and is the featured tonewood on this OM. Properly sawn, Adirondack is much stiffer than Sitka Spruce, both along and across the grain. Adirondack has lightning-fast response with plenty of power to spare.
The C-10 is built with a narrow waist and small upper bout; resulting in a precise, focused response. The smaller upper bout is gratifying and untroubled - a true dream to play. We have chosen to add the deep body(4 5/8) option to this one which may very well be the secret to this model.The increased size brings an added level of projection, power, strong bass presence, and rounded trebles to compliment the Adirondack top perfectly. The response to fingerpicking is just incredible!
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: 20576
- Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 24 7/8"
- Bracing: Pre-War Scalloped
- Inlays: Dots
- Rosette: Matching Ivoroid Rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony Fingerboard and Bridge
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ Pearl Dots
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly with Ebony Buttons
- Purfling: B/W/B
- Body Binding: Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Tigerstripe
- Backstrip: Simple Walnut back strip
- Headstock Shape: Collings Haircut Peghead
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Medium-fat "C" neck shape
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 14 3/4"
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Total Length: 40"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Custom Dark Sunburst Top
- Misc. 2: Custom Deep Body
- Misc. 3: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 4: Short Scale
- Misc. 5: Custom Walnut Stain