Collings City Limits Jazz Thinline Archtop Merlot Finish Lollar Johnny Smith-Style Pickup ID-6316
Collings City Limits Jazz Thinline Archtop Merlot Finish Lollar Johnny Smith-Style Pickup
Thin, light, and exquisite, the Collings City Limits Jazz commands attention. Built with a fully hollow one-piece mahogany body, carved European spruce top, and modern stylings, this sleek thin-bodied archtop is made for jazz.
Collings achieves unmatched tone and response out of this archtop with the use of innovative bracing patterns. The carved European Spruce top is cross braced on the inside, much like a flat-top, as opposed to bar bracing, which is traditional for archtops. Each brace must be carved to match the inside of the arch. Bill wanted a more dynamic flat-top response and he has certainly met his goal with the City Limits Jazz.
The pickup is a Jason Lollar hand-wired Johnny Smith style humbucker. The pickup is mounted to the pickguard and floats beautifully at the base of the fretboard. Discreet volume and tone controls are found on the bottom edge of the pickguard so that they don't detract from the ultra-clean lines of such a beautiful guitar. A custom merlot finish completes the package, revealing just enough of the incredible European Spruce grain patterns.
Collings makes guitars with such superb tone and aesthetics. The craftmanship is top notch and comes out in the tone, playability, and feel of their great instrument. This guitar is truly a great one to add to any players collection.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: 11061
- Top Wood: European Spruce
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Year: 2011
- Inlays: Broken Glass
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge: Adjustable floating ebony bridge and tailpiece
- Tuners: Schaller with Ebony Buttons
- Purfling: Multiple Black/White
- Body Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Headstock Binding: Ivoroid
- Pickguard: Ivoroid Bound Ebony with Discreet Volume and Tone Controls
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Pearl Logo and Parallelogram
- Body Depth: 2 1/2"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19 1/2"
- Total Length: 40 3/4"
- Pickup(s): Floating "Johnny Smith" Mini Humbucker by Jason Lollar
- Pickup Controls: on pickguard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- S-Holes bound with grained ivoroid