Collings City Limits Gold Top
The pride of the Collings' Electric Line! Crafted with the finest seasoned maple and Honduran mahogany, the CL is built for tone. Lightweight, resonant mahogany combined with a carefully hand-set mortise and tenon neck joint bring tonal complexity and sustain to the table in spades. Sleekly contoured for comfort and style, Collings sure has brought new life to an American classic.
This Custom City Limits is the first ever (non-deluxe model) to feature fretboard bindings and headstock bindings. These elegant features were only offered on the CL Deluxe until recently! Couple the ungrained ivoroid bindings with a Gold Top and you have a classic looking instrument ready to crush some Guns n Roses licks on demand! The Lollar Imperial Humbuckers are sound, modern, and very controlled all along the frequency spectrum. Many professional players would say they're versatile and powerfully balanced, perfect for any genre of music!
- Construction: Solid body
- Body: Honduran mahogany
- Top: Premium flamed maple
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Peghead Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tailpiece: Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ MOP long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Pickups: Lollar Std Wind Imperial Humbuckers
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs: Gold
- Pickup Rings: Cream
- Nut: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint: Extra long mortise and tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring: 50s style
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Guitar Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Gold Top Finish
- Pickguard: Cream
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/Cream/Black
- Strings: D'Addario NYXL1149 (.011" - .049")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
- Weight: 7.8 lbs
- Serial: 191321