Collings CJ Sunburst Jumbo Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-5477
Collings CJ Sunburst Jumbo Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
The CJ Jumbo is Bill Colling's version of the classic slope-shouldered dreadnought, a shape that has enjoyed renewed popularity in recent years. This Collings CJ Sunburst Jumbo is no exception! While the Collings CJ is similar in width and depth to the traditional dreadnought, it has a distinctly different tone. The CJ accommodates a variety of playing styles and genres without skipping a beat. It even suits fingerstyle players.
Of all the Collings body shapes, this is the one most often requested with a sunburst top finish - and who are we to argue. The sitka top is highly responsive and also looks great underneath the sunburst finish. It also features a gorgeous Brazilian rosewood headstock overlay, the grain of which matches perfectly with the bound "mini-haircut" style headstock.
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Pre-war Scalloped Bracing
- Purfling: Ivoroid/Black Strip
- Rosette: Crosscut Grained Ivoroid and Wood Strip
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Multi-Color Mosaic Backstrip
- Gloss-Finished Mahogany Neck
- Double Bound Fingerboard and Headstock
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- M.O.P Dot Fingerboard Inlay
- Striped Ebony Bridge with Drop-In Saddle
- Solid Peghead w/ Brazilian Rosewood Overlay
- M.O.P. Collings Logo
- Nickel Waverly Tuners
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Scale: 25-1/2"
- Body Width: 15 5/8"
- Body Length: 20 1/8"
- Body Depth: 4-7/8"
- Total Length: 41"
- Hardshell Case
- Serial: 18024