Collings Custom CJ w/ Sunburst Finish ID-5211
Collings CJ w/ Sunburst Finish
The Collings Jumbo, or CJ, is Colling's version of the classic slope-shouldered dreadnought, a shape that has enjoyed renewed popularity in recent years. While the CJ is similar in width and depth to the traditional dreadnought, it has a distinctly different tone. The Collings CJ accomadates a variety of playing styles and genres without skipping a beat. It even suits fingerstyle players.
Of all the Collings body shapes, this is the one most often requested with a sunburst top finish - and who are we to argue. The sitka top has an unusually stunning bear claw figuring, which looks great underneath the sunburst. It also features a gorgeous Brazilian rosewood headstock overlay, the grain of which matches perfectly with the bound "mini-haircut" style headstock.
- Top: Bear Claw Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Pre-war Scalloped Bracing
- Purfling: Ivoroid/Black Strip
- Rosette: Crosscut Grained Ivoroid and Wood Strip
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Multi-Color Mosaic Backstrip
- Gloss-Finished Mahogany Neck
- Double Bound Fingerboard and Headstock
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- M.O.P Dot Fingerboard Inlay
- Striped Ebony Bridge with Drop-In Saddle
- Solid Peghead w/ Brazilian Rosewood Overlay
- M.O.P. Collings Logo
- Nickel Waverly Tuners
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Scale: 25-1/2"
- Body Width: 15 5/8"
- Body Length: 20 1/8"
- Body Depth: 4-7/8"
- Total Length: 41"
- Hardshell Case
Go ahead and check out some of our other Collings Guitars
Top Wood: Bearclaw Sitka Spruce
Back Wood: Indian Rosewood
Nut Width: 1 11/16"
Scale: 25 1/2"