Collings Custom OM1C PH Pete Huttlinger Signature Model ID-6943
Collings Custom OM1C PH Pete Huttlinger Signature Model
Pete Huttlinger is recognized around the world as one of the greatest fingerstyle guitar players of our time. His amazing ability to play melody, harmony, rhythm and everything in between has long captivated fans and fellow musicians alike. Pete bought his first Collings in March of 1997. Over the years, he has continually supported and promoted Collings instruments and, in the process, has become a great friend. Unfortunately, our friend's life has recently been turned upside down while he deals with a serious medical condition.
Pete has a congenital heart defect and has become extremely ill during the past year. He suffered a massive stroke last fall and then underwent major heart surgery in May. This procedure left him with a mechanical pump implanted in his heart, requiring him to carry a battery pack that must be worn at all times. He is now gaining strength and is awaiting a heart transplant. Our prayers and heartfelt wishes are with him and his wife Erin.
For decades, his beautiful playing and warm spirit have uplifted many hearts. Now, we would like to give something back. In his honor, we are proud to introduce the limited edition "Pete Huttlinger Signature OM1" model. We will limit the number built to 50 and each of these special guitars will have a custom signed and numbered label.
- Serial: 20979
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: Inlaid dot fingerboard markers / Custom Pete Huttlinger Signature in 12th Fret
- Rosette: Black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Neck Wood: Mahogany Neck
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly tuners
- Body Binding: Tortoise-style binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style pickguard
- Backstrip: Simple walnut backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Solid
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Body Depth: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Cutaway
- Misc. 2: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 3: Fully adjustable truss rod