Collings CW Adirondack Spruce and Mahogany with Enlarged Sound Hole ID-5046
Collings CW Adirondack Spruce and Mahogany with Enlarged Sound Hole
As Collings go, this model is famous for its classic bluegrass heritage in Winfield, Kansas. Flat-pickers agree, this guitar is a hoss - full of fat bottomed bark. Make no mistake; this is the guitar that the Red Haired Boy would play. Accompaniments like the Adirondack bracing and the removal of the tongue brace make this guitar menacing under the hood, unlike standard Dreadnought models. In addition to these, an enlarged soundhole reduces the thick bass to allow the midrange to breath. South mouthed and needing a heavy hand, the Collings CW has a stiff Adirondack top and straight grained Mahogany back and sides. A minor change to the nut, now 1 23/32", makes this a more modern bluegrasser, wider than a standard D but smaller than 1 3/4". Subtle touches such as the tortoise shell bound body and neck, the simple perfling, no inlays, and Winfield overhanging fingerboard appeal to any flat-picker (especially Zac Brown).
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Body & Neck Binding: Tortoise Shell (no Peghead bind)
- Body & Neck Perfling: B/W/B/W and B/W
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Bridge & Fingerboard Material: Ebony w/Matching Overlay
- Bridge/Saddle: Belly/Cut-through
- Inlay: Logo Only
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Back Strip: Walnut
- Rosette: Ive/Tort/Ive & B/W Purfling
- Nut Width: 1 23/32"
- Bridge Width: 2 1/4"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Bracing Material: Adirondack Spruce
- Fingerboard Radius: Compound
- Finish of Body/Neck: Nitrocellulose/ Polyester Resin
- Nut & Saddle Material: Animal Bone
Go ahead and check out some of our other Collings Guitars
Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
Back Wood: Mahogany
Nut Width: 1 23/32"
Scale: 25 1/2"