Collings D1A Adirondack and Mahogany ID-7265
Collings D1A Adirondack and Mahogany
Here is another fantastic Collings D1A featuring an Adirondack Spruce top, rich Mahogany back and sides, and a custom order 1 3/4" nut width for those who prefer a bit wider neck and a cut through saddle.
This D1A screams with rich, clear, and powerful tone. The Mahogany back and sides are perfect for players who find rosewood too boomy. Lead players will appreciate the enhanced note definition and clarity, especially through the midrange frequencies. Famous flatpicker Clarence White reportedly used a D-18 for most of his solos, which has Mahogany back and sides, even though he is known for making the rosewood D-28 the famous monster it is today. This D1A would excel at that task, providing even further note definition than most old D-18s!
This D1A is also very loud. The player of this fine instrument will have no issue being heard in acoustic jams. It is a cannon that will cut through a jam session, yet can still sound sensitive and lyrical on fingerpicked tunes.
Collings makes guitars with such superb tone and aesthetics. The craftmanship is top notch and comes out in the tone, playability, and feel of their great instrument. This guitar is truly a great one to add to any players collection.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: 21422
- Top Wood: Adirondack
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Inlays: Inlaid dot fingerboard markers
- Rosette: Black/White Wood Nitrate Strip
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Saddle Spacing: 2 3/16"
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Purfling: Black/white wood purfling
- Body Binding: Tortoise-style Binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Backstrip: 1-style walnut backstrip
- Headstock Shape: Square 15 degree headstock angle
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Inlaid Collings Logo
- Frets To Body: 14
- Neck Profile: Modified V neck
- Body Depth: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"
- Body Length: 20"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Misc. 1: Fully Adjustable Truss Rod
- Misc. 2: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Misc. 3: Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Misc. 4: Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint