Collings D1A Adirondack and Mahogany with Adirondack Bracing ID-6370
Collings D1A Adirondack and Mahogany with Adirondack Bracing
Here is another fantastic Collings D1A featuring an Adirondack Spruce top, rich Mahogany back and sides, and a custom order 1 3/4" nut width for those who prefer a bit wider neck and a cut through saddle.
This D1A screams with rich, clear, and powerful tone. The Mahogany back and sides are perfect for players who find rosewood too boomy. Lead players will appreciate the enhanced note definition and clarity, especially through the midrange frequencies. Famous flatpicker Clarence White reportedly used a D-18 for most of his solos, which has Mahogany back and sides, even though he is known for making the rosewood D-28 the famous monster it is today. This D1A would excel at that task, providing even further note definition than most old D-18s!
This D1A is also very loud. The player of this fine instrument will have no issue being heard in acoustic jams. It is a cannon that will cut through a jam session, yet can still sound sensitive and lyrical on fingerpicked tunes.
- Shipping Weight: 68
- Serial: 19912
- Top Wood: Adirondack
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25 1/2"
- Year: 2012
- Bracing: Adirondack Bracing
- Inlays: Inlaid dot fingerboard markers
- Rosette: Black/White Wood Nitrate Strip
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Cutthrough Saddle
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Body Binding: Tortoise-style Binding
- Pickguard: Tortoise Style
- Backstrip: Simple walnut backstrip
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Inlaid Collings Logo
- Body Depth: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"
- Body Length: 20"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Fully Adjustable Truss Rod
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish