Collings D1 A T
The Traditional or "T" Series of guitars reflect Collings' return to his guitar making roots and offer a new tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound. Each T Series guitar is built using animal protein glue and a very thin all-nitrocellulose lacquer finish on the body, making them exceptionally dynamic and responsive. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection. The T Series models also feature a new Traditional neck profile based on Collings' popular Vintage Now neck, but with a slightly more tapered carve and rolled fingerboard edges.
The Custom Baked Adirondack Spruce top provides virtually unlimited headroom, perfect for a heavy hand or anyone looking to acoustically cut through a band or mix! Combined with this beautiful set of mahogany, this dreadnought comes off sounding punchy, dry, but with a commanding presence!
Collings really knocked it out of the park with this dreadnought, a perfect strummer and articulate fingerpicking guitar with a ton of headroom; all while sounding like a vintage pre war guitar that we're always looking for!
- Top: Baked Adirondack Spruce
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Construction: Traditional
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Tortoise with custom wood purflings
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with Custom 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with gold MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Tortoise-style
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, cutthrough
- Neck Profile: Traditional
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Rosette: Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Neck Finish: High gloss extra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Body Finish: High gloss extra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Case Collings Vintage Inspired Handcrafted Case
- Serial: 30497