The square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world. While Collings is certainly not the first to build them, they bring a new tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a large, deep-bodied guitar. The Collings D2H is a powerful dreadnought without any compromise.
Although its bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment, Collings versions are also often employed by bluegrass flatpickers who must compete with inherently louder instruments such as banjos and fiddles.
The standard D2H is ideal for players who find Adirondack Red Spruce too stiff for their style. Sitka Spruce is a versatile topwood that accentuates the warm round aspects of the guitar's tone. Indian Rosewood is warm and rounded with complex overtones.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone long diamond and squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv and b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 30550