Collings D2H Sunburst
Bursting with power, color and authenticity; The Collings D2 Dreadnought is their take on the classic pre-war dreadnought design. Collings flawless construction techniques will make you feel like you just picked up a brand new Vintage guitar from the pre-war era.
Although its bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment, Collings versions are also often employed by bluegrass flatpickers who must compete with inherently louder instruments such as banjos and fiddles. The high trebles of the rosewood help cut through the mix with ease while still containing that beautiful rounded warm tone that dreadnoughts are known for!
The standard D2H is ideal for players who find Adirondack Red Spruce too stiff for their style. Sitka Spruce is a versatile topwood that accentuates the warm round aspects of the guitar's tone.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone long diamond and squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv and b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer w/ Sunburst Top
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 30823