Collings D2HA Traditional Adirondack Spruce and Indian Rosewood w/ Vintage Satin Finish
The pride of the Collings line! The D2H dreadnought is a force to be reckoned with in the guitar building world. Collings' take on historic Martin rosewood instruments have yielded results that some consider to be better, and even more innovative than the Martin Guitar company!
This custom ordered D2HA is a Collings' traditional build! Traditional Series or "T-Series” guitars represent an exciting vintage-inspired tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound, designed and crafted to showcase the most desirable characteristics present in coveted pre-war instruments. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection.
The light, traditional construction combined with a custom Adirondack spruce top, creates a powerful "cannon-like" dreadnought that is sure to be loud, proud, and strong enough to cut through any mix! The vintage satin finish option gives you a thinner coat, optimal for more vibration and "openness" right out of the case.
The Rosewood back and sides are beautifully stripped and give a warm, sparkly tone with strong bass response.
Collings' never ceases to amaze us with their fine custom instruments, and this Guitar is certainly nothing short of a dream!
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Construction: Traditional
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with small brown herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with gold MOP long diamond and squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ivoroid with black dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, cutthrough
- Neck Profile: Traditional
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
Tuners: Nickel Waverly Aged (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: Vintage Satin
- Neck Finish: Vintage Satin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 31083