Collings D2HG German Spruce and Indian Rosewood ID-5746
Collings D2HG German Spruce and Indian Rosewood
The square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world. While Collings is certainly not the first to build them, they bring a new tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a large, deep-bodied guitar. Although its bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment, Collings versions are also often employed by bluegrass flatpickers who must compete with inherently louder instruments such as banjos and fiddles. The wide range of woods and neck sizes offered allow dreadnought fans to find a Collings model ideally suited to their playing style and tonal preference. This Collings D2HG is an instant shop favorite, featuring a German Spruce top. We love German Spruce here at Artisan because it not only offers a rich and complex tone, but is versatile for many different playing styles. German Spruce offers exceptional stiffness together with low weight making the tops more responsive. We often find German to be a perfect compromise between Sitka and Adirondack, since it responds so well to fingerstyle playing and also holds up to a heavy pick attack.
- Top: German Spruce
- Back and Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Herringbone trim with matching backstrip
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Tortoise-style pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany Neck
- Brazilian rosewood peghead overlay
- Mother-of-pearl Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Traditional diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Depth: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Nut Width: 1 23/32"
- Serial: 18448