Collings Guitars 002H 14-Fret Adirondack Spruce & Cocobolo - 14217
Collings 002H 14-Fret Adirondack Spruce & Cocobolo
As the new acoustic body size from Collings, the 00 14-Fret Series finds the sweet spot between a small-bodied and mid-sized instrument while bringing to the table a distinctive voice and character all its own. Upon picking up the guitar, it doesn't take more than a few strums to reveal a pleasing midrange resonance that distinguishes this size from other offerings. This fullness of tone is complemented by dry and articulate attack, with more low-end definition than you’d typically expect to find in an instrument of this size. The shorter 24 7/8” scale length combined with a relatively broad waist allows for a more delicate top-voicing, producing an openness that’s equally suited for accentuating subtle nuances as it is for digging in on single-note runs. All in all, the 00 14-fret is a highly versatile instrument that excels at a variety of playing styles from fingerstyle to strumming and anything in between.
Custom built with a beautiful set of picked Cocobolo; this OO-14 fret guitar was built to rival a dreadnought with its powerful tonewood combination! Adirondack spruce is 1/2 of the Holy Grail tonewood combination that threw Martin guitars into the spotlight. Adirondack is stiff, loud, and won't break up until very loud volumes, giving you virtually unlimited headroom on the decibel meter. Cocobolo is part of the rosewood family. A heavier tropical hardwood from Mexico, Cocobolo brings out loud and beautiful overtones similar to Brazilian Rosewood! Combined with Adirondack you'll get sparkling trebles, deep lows, and - (based on the body size) - a powerful midrange resonance that is sure to be sonically pleasing to the ear!
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides: Cocobolo
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone short diamond and squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Dark Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly w/ Snakewood Buttons (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case Deluxe hardshell case by TKL