Collings Guitars 01 14-Fret
The new Collings Guitars 01 14-Fret series finds the sweet spot between small and mid-sized instruments while bringing to the table a distinctive voice and character all its own. Custom built to our own specs, this 01 14-Fret will prove to be the guitar that you never knew you needed!
Constructed with a standard Sitka Spruce top over Mahogany, you'll immediately be enchanted by the dry & woody tone that comes out of this 0 14-Fret. Sitka Spruce is a very articulate top wood that has a very clear high end & defined lows. Mahogany is the first choice of studio musicians all around the world for its rich & punchy mid range combined with intense clarity. Together, they make up one of the most popular tonewood combinations in the world to put out a wonderful tone that we know and love!
This custom order instrument was built with special features such as: a 1 3/4" nut width, no inlays on the fingerboard & large side dot inlays!
- Top:Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Tortoise with b/w/b/w top purfling
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with with No Inlays and Large Side Dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: b/w Purfling
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 31275