Collings Baritone 2H German and Rosewood
And now, something that will blow your mind. The Collings Baritone utilizes their DS body dimensions to beautifully communicate the extended harmonic range of baritone tuning. With deep yet articulate bass, this baritone acoustic makes for an inspiring tool in any songwriter or recording artist's arsenal and opens up new musical voicings and arrangements to explore. This Baritone, with a longer scale of 27.5" creates a snappy string attack that when combined with the chiming musicality of the tone woods selected, makes for a beautifully dynamic and responsive instrument with ringing sustain and warmth.
With a German Spruce top and Indian Rosewood back and sides, this guitar has a clear, focused tone that is rich in lows with a strong, pleasing high end. German Spruce is a favorite tonewood here at Artisan due to it's versatility when played fingerstyle or flatpicked. German Spruce offers rich, complex overtones and regarding stiffness, falls in between Sitka and Adirondack.
Indian Rosewood keeps the tone rich and full with round notes and lush chords up and down the neck. This brings a fantastic rich tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a Baritone Guitar.
This guitar being a 13 fret capitalizes upon the best attributes of a 12-fret's resonance and a 14-fret's access. The body fits perfectly in your hands, inspiring gorgeous strumming sounds or intricate finger-picked passages.
You can dig in hard with this guitar and it will love it.
- Top: German Spruce
- Back and Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone long diamond and squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 ¾"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained exotic ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv and b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 27 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Un-scalloped X-brace w/ three tone bars
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EXP23 Phosphor Bronze (.016", .022”, .029”, .048”, .060”, .070")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 30689