Collings Guitars CJ-45 Traditional Adirondack Top
After 2 years of extensive R and D, Collings Guitars has finally unveiled their completely re-imagined CJ-45 T, constructed with their world renowned traditional build technique! When Gibson invented the slope-shoulder dreadnought, they immediately had a hit on their hands. The short scale dreadnought is iconic, big, and bold. Perfect for ensemble settings where cutting through the mix can be an issue. These dreads have also made their way into history as some of the most recorded guitars of all time!
As with all of the Collings Traditional Series guitars, when it came time to add a “T” designation to their slope-shoulder offerings, they didn’t simply tweak the original; the all-new Collings CJ-45 T is a fully re-imagined instrument that offers a distinct tonal variation when compared to the CJ and CJ-35 models.
Strongly vintage-inspired, the body construction has been (completely) re-engineered, including new bracing carves and patterns. When combined with Collings' latest T-Series neck design and new CJ-45 T neck profile, the result showcases a tone that is exceptionally dry and fundamental with the growl and thump sought after in the great slope-shoulder dreads of the Wartime era.
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Construction: Traditional Series Build and Voicing
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with no purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony straight-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood with 19 frets and MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ivoroid with no dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, cutthrough
- Neck Profile: CJ-45 Carve
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly w/ Ivoroid buttons (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: Simple ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Brace Material: Adirondack spruce w/ abbreviated tongue brace
- Brace Pattern: CJ-45 Wartime scalloped X-brace
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer (Sunburst)
- Neck Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 31756