Collings D1A Adirondack and Mahogany 2019
The Collings D1 has an incredibly balanced frequency response. The notes are rich and full all the way up and down the neck. The midrange and high-end sparkle will cut through any studio or on-stage mix with ease and the lows are balanced, defined, well rounded, and never boomy.
Collings brings new clarity to the depth and warmth associated with large, deep-bodied dreadnought guitars. The bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment, however, Collings D1 Series Mahogany dreads are employed by some of the busiest bluegrass flatpickers in the business, such as Andy Falco of the Stringdusters and Adam Aijala of Yonder Mountain String Band.
This Custom Collings D1 features a beautiful Adirondack Spruce Top. Adirondack is perfect for hard strumming on the top and getting a lot of full body sound that can rival the volume of a mandolin or banjo.
Sonically the top end is sweet and crisp; with a driving, focused midrange and low-end. It strums with the best of them, but has a neck that flatpicks beautifully across the board. The Mahogany back and sides keep your lead lines clear and distinct, just like the classic flatpicking recordings we've grown to love from players like Clarence White, Doc Watson, and Norman Blake.
This Pre-Owned Guitar is in Excellent Condition w/ a couple very small light dings near the endpin, and 1 ding on the top side of the lower bout (see photos).
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Tortoise with b/w/b/w top purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone,1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: b/w Purfling
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 30142