Collings Guitars D2H A Traditional
The Dreadnought is the most recognizable guitar shape in the world, and for good reason. It's large sound and versatility has landed the dread in every genre of music, and nearly every major guitar company on the planet has built and/or offered the infamous acoustic body size. The Collings Guitar D2H A Traditional is a dread that is in a league of its own, with custom features and exquisite build quality that we can always expect from Collings.
Starting off with the construction, this Collings Guitars D2H Traditional is built with a custom tonewood combination of Adirondack Spruce and East Indian Rosewood. Adirondack Spruce is stiff and provides a ton of headroom while playing, giving plenty of volume and presence to cut through any mix. When you put Adirondack over Indian Rosewood you'll get a dreadnought that will feel like a pre-war vintage cannon with high fidelity frequency response and a more demanding sonic presence. When you take all this into consideration and add on Collings' lightweight Traditional build style, you have a brand new instrument that sounds like a vintage guitar upon first strum.
- Top: Baked Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Construction: Traditional
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with small brown herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Abalone long diamond and squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony w/ MOP Dot Inlays
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, Drop In
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners: Nickel Open Gear Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: Ivoroid/Tortoise/Ivoroid w/ B/W Purfling
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: PLEK setup w/ D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .058")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Serial: 31734