Collings D3 A Dreadnought
The D3, the pride and joy of the Collings Dreadnought line! This cannon is a powerhouse popular shape, that can bring any vintage dreadnought to their knees! Built with a custom combination of Adirondack Spruce and Indian Rosewood, the Collings D3 A Dreadnought is the most appointed D Series model that Collings builds.
Adirondack Spruce is stiff, and loud with very little(if ever any) breakup! Giving you plenty of headroom and volume to cut through any mix. When combined with Indian Rosewood, you'll get a dreadnought with enough volume and power to take over the world.
Other appointments include: an abalone rosette, nickel waverly tuners, long diamonds and squares inlays, and ivoroid bindings throughout the entire instrument. This guitar plays and stuns at every level, whether it be under the spotlight on the stage, or in front of a microphone in the studio - a versatile tool for any professional musician.
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides: E. Indian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with b/w/b/w/b purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: .060" ivoroid
- Peghead Binding: .100" ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Diamonds and Squares Inlays
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with abalone dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with Abalone Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 3-style (Chevron)
- Rosette: Abalone
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Collings Custom Dreadnought Case
- Serial: 31695